Careers with the Boys & Girls Clubs of Western Pennsylvania
BGCWPA is a mission-based organization that hires employees that are recognized as leaders in their field with a passion for improving young lives. We have strong values, embrace diversity and offer great benefits which allows our employees to maintain work/life balance. We serve more than 5,000 young people annually through programs, services, and outreach. An affiliate of a national organization-Boys & Girls Clubs of America. We are one of the largest comprehensive out of school time providers in Allegheny & Somerset County.
The Quality and Compliance Evaluator will be instrumental in evaluating the day to day quality and compliance of our clubhouse locations. The evaluator will complete formal and informal evaluations of each location’s compliance with The Office of Child Development and Early Learning, Department of Human Services PA code chapter 3270 child care regulations, Keystone Stars Quality Rating Improvement System and Boys & Girls Club of America Requirements. The evaluator is responsible for documenting and importing any and all evaluation data to the Quality Regulation and Evaluation Director. The Quality and Compliance Evaluator will meet with clubhouse leadership and staff to provide them with resources and recommendations for highest program quality results. In addition, the evaluator will meet with the Quality Regulation and Evaluation Director and other leadership to share progress towards quality initiatives and maintenance. In order to support the quality and compliance efforts throughout the organization, the Quality and Compliance Evaluator will support ratio as needed.
- Research and share advancement opportunities that become available within the scope of quality and evaluation through OCDEL and Keystone Stars.
- Attend state and national meetings to stay current with any compliance platforms as stated above.
- Demonstrate and advocate a strong purpose for quality initiatives to team members, leadership, advancement, donors, and all possible affiliates and partners of BGCWPA.
- Share progress and provide valuable quality and evaluation data to team members as needed.
- Communicate efforts and outcomes to all stakeholder groups.
Program & Operations
- Review all PA state DHS regulations under PA Chapter 3270 child care regulations, The Office of Child Development and Early Learning, Pre K Counts and Keystone Stars.
- Review all BGCA quality requirements and safety protocols to ensure compliance on site in our Clubhouses with our BGCA Chapter.
- Analyze and synthesize data to present to the Quality Regulations and Evaluations Director and Executive Leadership.
- Collaborate to ensure ongoing development and implementation of the evaluation plan.
- Provide guidance and help build consensus for evaluation related decision making.
- Analyze evaluation issues and brainstorm with clubhouse leadership creative problem solving.
- Participate in the development, quality, and reliability of multiple data management systems.
- Stay consistent and timely in progress towards the approved project goals and objectives.
- Contribute to the organization’s long-range strategy and mission.
- Carry out plans and processes authorized by the Quality Regulation and Evaluation Director and the VP of Operations.
- Maintain an up to date employee file to ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
- Conduct observations of day to day operations to ensure regulations are followed and exceed quality expectations.
- Responsible for the compliance of the staff requirements upon hire to meet PA hiring regulations under chapter 3270 and BGCA.
- Maintain a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in the project fields.
- Prepare young people for success by creating an environment that facilitates achievement and a sense of self-worth.
- Collaborate with Clubhouse Directors and Program Managers to develop quality alignment for teen, literacy, arts and stem programming, services and activities to ensure we activate and advance the potential in our members.
- Ensure a healthy and safe environment; ensure facilities, equipment and supplies are maintained and in proper working order by partnering and coordinating with the Facilities & Maintenance Engineer.
Management & Supervision
- Provide guidance for clubhouse leadership and staff for policies that reflect compliance with Dept. of Human Services, OCDEL, Keystone Stars, and BGCA.
- Complete any and all administrative tasks.
- Participate in BGCWPA strategic planning and programming sessions to advance the quality of BGCWPA.
- Update and maintain skills in use of current computer information and technology
- Attend all BGCWPA mandatory staff meetings and any other meetings that you may be invited to attend.
- Prepare weekly/monthly program reports to align with PA code chapter 3270 child care regulations and Keystone Stars.
- Report on and actively participate in diversity, equity and inclusion practices and opportunities
- At a minimum a Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or Elementary Education.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years experience in a licensed childcare facility; supervisory experience preferred.
- Some understanding of Keystone Stars and/or other quality initiatives within the ECE or OST fields.
- High level of proficiency with using educational technologies to develop engaging learning and enrichment experiences for youth
- Advanced positive customer service skills needed.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with young people in a positive manner using restorative, not punitive practices
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong time management, organization, and project prioritization skills are a must
- Proficient in Google Suite.
- The usual and customary methods of performing the jobs function require the following physical demands: lifting & carrying up to 50 pounds, pushing, any/or pulling, climbing to include steps, balancing, stooping, standing, sitting, kneeling, crawling, crouching, and signification fine fingered dexterity. Ability to tolerate environmental conditions: air conditioning, heat, dust fumes, noise, close quarters, etc.
- Perform all additional duties and tasks assigned by leadership/supervisors.
Certifications and Clearances
CPR, Pediatric First Aid, Child Abuse, Criminal History, FBI clearance, NSOR certificate, PA Disclosure and Mandated Reporter certification required upon hire or newer then 6 months.
PA Staff Health Assessment and TB Test must be submitted upon hire and before start date please use the link below to access the form: https://www.dhs.pa.gov/docs/For-Providers/Documents/Child%20Care%20Forms/CD-322%20-%20Staff%20Health%20Assessment.pdf
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. Our organization prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.